Tuesday, July 15, 2014

I Give Myself Permission to be Imperfect. Do You?

I give myself permission to be imperfect!  I really like this part of the program.  I know that I am not going to be 100% all of the time.  I know that there are going to be days when we want to eat out, and days when I'm with my family (who love to cook a lot).  So, up front, I am giving myself permission to mess up every once in a while.  Therefore, I will not feel devastated if I don't get it right one day.  I'll just get back together the next day.  Of course, with that said, I do plan to follow the program as closely as I can.  However, this program is so versatile that it will look differently for each individual person, which is one of the things I like best of all!

My husband has also been on a weight-loss journey, he has lost 90 lbs. so far...Yay!  But he is so obsessed about eating low/no carbs and he is really hard on himself when he feels that he has eaten too many.  I think it's borderline unhealthy because I'm worried that he is taking it too far.  I am glad that this program gives me the freedom to be me and that I don't have to feel that 'all is lost' if I mess up every now and then.  How do you feel when you mess up?  Do you find it difficult to get it back together because you were being too hard on yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment