Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Nope, Ain't Gonna Happen...



Nope, ain't gonna happen...
I am not cut out for this "outside" shit!  It is way too fucking hot and I can't handle the heat.  Today, I opted to go for a walk with the family (including the dogs), and it sucked!  Halfway through, hubby and son turned to go the long way, and I continued straight to go the short way (taking both dogs with me).  A few minutes later, Daisy's back legs refused to even move.  It would have been quite comical if I hadn't been so damn HOT!  Her back legs stopped moving, but her front ones continued to walk until she was flat on her stomach.  So, we waited.  I was actually grateful for the few minutes we stood in the shade, I need to cool off and catch my breath myself!  Tony and A.J. had made it all the way around and meet me back where I was.  I wasn't sure it was gonna happen, but we finally made it back home!  Home, where I quickly fixed myself a glass of ice water, and stripped off every piece of clothing (shoes and all) that FlyLady made me put on this morning!  I was sweating, hot, and thirsty!
From now on, I am vowing to stay indoors while exercising!  The only time I want to be outside this summer is when I am at the park, the pool, or the beach.  As I said, this whole "outside" thing, just ain't for me!

Photos of our Dogs:
NOELLE - "Toes in the Sand" - 5 1/2 years old

DAISY - "Nose in the Snow" - 1 year old

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the no going outside unless it's necessary, unfortunately we are under heavy smoke advisory from forest/brush fires in the local parks here. Between the heat and humidity indexes being through the rough and the smoke being so thick you could cut through it with a chain saw its crazy.

    ReplyDelete