Thursday, January 28, 2010

Heading in the Right Direction

It's week 4 and I am steadily loosing weight.  An average of about 3 pounds per week.  The one thing I haven't been able to do is start exercising.  For some reason, that just seems like the hardest thing in the world to me.  I know it will help me loose the weight faster, and getting into an exercise routine will help me keep the weight off for longer, but I just can't seem to get started.  I will try again next week.  I'm not going to give up!
As far as the eating is concerned, I've been doing great!  I'm eating less and eating things that are so much healthier.  I am, again, amazed at how easy it was to implement these changes in eating.  I don't even want to eat the old stuff anymore.  My favorites are the potatoes...I do miss those.  But, I know that one day I will get closer to my goal, and then I will allow myself to eat my favorite potato dishes every once in a while.
This is the Chicken with Snow Peas that we had for dinner one night last week.  After undercooking my chicken the night before, I wanted to be especially sure that the chicken was cooked this night.  But, other than the over-done chicken, everything else came out perfectly.
Sesame Ginger Chicken with Snow Peas

3 comments:

  1. Where do you get your recipes from? They look tasty. Congrats on the weight loss. Tried and lost about 20 pounds and then I was stuck. No matter what I did, I could not lose anymore. I even was going to the gym:( Go you! BTW I also like your background. Super Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am wondering why my comments are not showing up????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, and your comment didn't show up because I have mine set to need moderation.

    ReplyDelete