Monday, July 14, 2014

Learning So Much...

I am delving deeply into the Venus Factor 12-week system and all of the resources available on it's site.  I am learning so much about my body and how it works.  One thing that really surprised me today is the 'fasting' part of the program.  I was always told that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and that it is what gets your metabolism started each day.  I have always been forcing myself to eat breakfast, even when I didn't feel like it.  Could it be true that fasting is really better?  Perhaps this will be one of the answers I have been looking for all my life.  According to the program they call for a 12-hour 'fast' overnight.  It tells us that when you have been fasting your body looks for other energy sources and begins to use the energy stored in your fat cells.  Then, when you start to eat again, the body switches over to the energy form the food you eat.  Makes perfect sense when you think about it, right!?!

I don't think 'fasting' will be a huge problem for me, I was just so surprised when I read about it, as it goes against everything I thought I knew about metabolism.  I OFTEN go without lunch during my workday, I'm a teacher and we don't get much of a lunch break anyways.  But, I would rather skip breakfast and eat a small lunch instead.  So, I think this will work well for me.  I am definitely going to be in for a surprise when I start accurately counting my calories, I've never done this part before and I know it's going to be shocking to see what I actually eat each day!


WOW, I just learned that some ladies have been doing 24 hour fasts!?!  They go from dinner to dinner.  That doesn't sound like it is good for you (based on everything I thought I knew about metabolism).  Does that really help?  There are many days that I think I will be able to skip breakfast and lunch and just eat a small dinner, but I always thought that was bad for you.  Eeek!  I'm so shocked by this information.  It's hard to take it all in at once, but I'm eager to get started!  YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment