Monday, June 20, 2011

In the beginning there was...



In the beginning there was...
ME - an obese woman who lives in a messy house.  I am sick of myself!  I am tired of being overweight, and I wish I wanted to help my husband clean the house more often.  So, my two goals for the summer are:  to start a cleaning regimen (I am going to use the "FlyLady" approach) and to get myself a little healthier (we are starting South Beach and I need to go to the gym more often).

Here is the plan:
Today, we are starting to eat healthier, AGAIN!  We have converted to South Beach before, and we partly continue with some of the changes we have made.  For example, we like to use whole wheat pasta, I look for whole grain bread, and we will occasionally choose a baked sweet potato over a white one.  Although, as time goes on, I am less likely to continue choosing the right thing.  So, time to start over.  Going all the way back to Phase 1, for the third time.  Here is the history:  the first time, I lost about 40 pounds and Tony lost 60 pounds, we both had a work out system that time.  Second time, I only did the food plan, no exercising, and I lost 15-20 pounds before I fizzled out.  They say the third time's the charm, I hope that works here too!  This time, I am going full force, food and exercise.  Luckily, since it is summer vacation, I don't have to worry about working full time as well.  So, I am hoping that will help me be more successful this time.
Then, on to the house!  From what I understand from the FlyLady website, it's a step-by-step process.  Day 1 only requires me to shine my kitchen sink.  Well, my kitchen has been neglected for so long that I'm doing that in two phases.  Phase 1 is complete, I washed a load of dishes and cleaned up some of the countertops.  Next is phase 2, another load of dishes and the actual "shining" of the sink.  Fear not, I will be posting before and after photos!  I am hoping that posting all of my trials and tribulations (because I know there will be many) on this blog, not only motivates me, but also motivates you too!  :)

Day 1 Photos:
BEFORE:
The Kitchen Sink - BEFORE

The Kitchen Sink - BEFORE

The Kitchen Sink - After the first load of dishes

The Kitchen Sink - After the first load of dishes


No comments:

Post a Comment