Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Oops...My Bad!

I'm workin' it out.  Some things are working for me and some things are not.  I kind of cheated with my FlyLady routine this morning.  I know I said I was awake and dressed.  Well, that wasn't entirely accurate.  I was dressed alright.  But I had decided to skip FlyLady's most important step.  Putting on my "lace-up" shoes!  I thought I could beat this system.  Quite frankly, I thought I knew better.  Low and behold...I was wrong.  The plan was to go work out at 2:00 today.  Well, by around 4:30 I realized that I still hadn't gone to the gym.  I didn't fell like actually going out of the house!  Which is the whole reason FlyLady tells you to put on those shoes.  That way you have no excuse NOT to leave the house.  I did eventually throw on a pair of flip-flops and head to the store for a few things we needed for dinner.  And when I got back (shoes still on and all), I decided it was time to clean out the refrigerator.
Here's the thing.  I have supposedly learned this lesson once before, but my memory isn't always so good.  I took the glass shelf from the fridge to wash in the sink and with the hot water running and a sponge in my hand.  BAM!  Broken glass all over the kitchen!  Luckily it was the good kind of glass that cracks into a million pieces without any sharp edges, so I didn't get cut.  However, that was a pretty important shelf!  That's the shelf where we stored our gallon jugs of tea, milk, and some random bottles of alcohol.  Now where are we going to put that stuff!?!  My kind, sweetheart of a husband came home from work and cleaned up the glass while I got started on dinner.  South Beach all the way, baby!  Photos included...

Day 3 Photos Continued:
Broken Glass in the Sink - Oops!

The Refrigerator - AFTER

Sautee the Vegetables

Cook the Chicken and Marinade

Mix in the Steamed Broccoli

Add in the Chicken Broth

Dinner is Served - Chicken and Vegetable Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment