Sunday, January 17, 2010

9 Pounds Down...On To Phase 2

We have been on Phase 1 for 2 weeks now, and I am already 9 pounds down.  It would probably have been more if I didn't drink any liquor (or licorice as my son calls it) these past two weekends.  My husband has dropped 15 pounds.  It's not fair that men always lose weight faster than women.  I have decided to start exercising next week.  I am going to start out with 2 days a week and see how it goes.  In the meantime, these past two weeks have been great for our son.  He is starting to think about healthy foods more often and is getting good at correcting us when we want to sway away from our diet momentarily!
I am much more excited about Phase 2.  We can re-introduce a lot of the foods that we have been without for 2 weeks.  I love fruit and that is back into the mix now too!  We can also have sweet potatoes and whole-wheat bread and whole-wheat pasta.  We are going to try making our own homemade bread crumbs so that we can have Chicken Parmesan as one of our meals this week.  I'll let you know how they turn out!

On the menu this week:
Steak and Sweet Potatoes
Vietnamese Pork Rolls and Salad
Chicken Skewers and Sesame Green Beans
Cheeseburger Quesadillas with Sweet Potato Fries
Chicken Parmesan, Whole-Wheat Pasta and Broccoli
Ginger Chicken with Snow Pea Salad
Whole-Wheat Spaghetti with Ham and Peas

No comments:

Post a Comment