Friday, January 8, 2010

Rome Wasn't Built In A Day...Or Five!

Well, it's Day 5, and I have lost 3 pounds.  Yay!  But, I am not completely acclimated to this whole "lifestyle change" yet.  This morning we had a 2 hr. delay for school because of the icy roads, so we were there nearly 2 and a half hours before the students.   One of the teachers offered to go and get doughnuts, and before I even realized, I had shoved a nice creme-filled chocolate-glazed doughnut into my mouth.  While contemplating over whether I should eat another one, I suddenly remembered that I was on a diet!  I jokingly accused the teacher who brought the doughnuts of being an "Evil Villainess!"  But, of course, I knew it wasn't her fault.  I never even told her I was on South Beach.  I felt so guilty after I came to my senses, so at least that's a good sign!  But, I'm not to the point where I just always pass up doughnuts.  I'll get there one day, but it wasn't today.
P.S.  I haven't told my husband what happened, so don't say anything!  OK?
For dinner, my son cooked us some Shrimp Scampi.  My husband prepared the green beans, and a salad.  I'm not really one for seafood (although I'm going to have to get use to it), but I was very proud of my son! He even chopped the garlic himself.  He enjoys cooking and wants to become a chef when he grows up.  I hope that this "lifestyle change" for us will mean that he is a healthier eater when he grows up too!
Time for another picture, here is the Shrimp Scampi my son cooked!
Shrimp Scampi - a la A.J. Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment