Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Surprise! Surprise! - Day 2

Well, the brussel sprouts did NOT go over well with my son last night.  He nearly had a panic attack just trying to taste one!  It was quite comical though!  Then we tried to make a deal or maybe it was an ultimatum.  We let him choose to either try the brussel sprout, or to go 3 days with NO video games.  He actually chose NO video games, so we knew he was serious about not wanting to eat this brussel sprout.  My husband is always trying to get him to eat new foods, but we didn't force this one because he does eat so many other vegetables that kids normally don't like.  I remember the look on the waitress' face at Bob Evans when my son ordered double broccoli with his meal one night.  She looked at us and said, "Really?"  We were, like, "Heck yeah!"  If he wants to eat broccoli, let the kid eat some broccoli!
Tonight, on the other hand, was a completely different story!  He LOVED the Turkey and White Bean Chili I made tonight.  He even said that he like it better than my husband's chili (which is unheard of, because my husband is a much better cook than I am).  I told my son that it was just a recipe that I used, and Daddy makes his on his own.  My husband liked the chili too.  When I first taste tested it, I didn't like it at all.  But I guess it just needed to simmer and let all the flavors mix in for a while.  So, that is the surprise on Day 2...My son actually liked the Chili!  Hooray for the South Beach Diet Cookbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment